You may be eligible for Special Admission if you:
- are aged at least 20 years on the first day of the semester in which you wish to begin study
- are a New Zealand citizen or
- are a holder of a New Zealand residence class visa, or an Australian citizen or permanent resident, studying in New Zealand
- do not otherwise qualify for admission
- meet language requirements (if your first language is not English or Māori).
A non-refundable administration fee of $93.00 will normally be charged for applications under Special Admission.
Evidence you are required to provide
In order to be considered for admission via Special Admission for the applicable undergraduate programmes you must normally provide:
- a brief curriculum vitae containing details of any work experience and/or other activities you have undertaken which you consider may help us assess your suitability for admission to the University, and information (and, where possible, supporting documentation) in relation to any qualifications you may hold.
- a short personal statement outlining your reasons for applying for your intended programme and how your recent experiences and/or educational background have prepared you to be successful in this study.
You may also need to provide evidence that you have fulfilled the University's language requirements.Applicants for admission via Special Admission will be considered under the Competitive Entry pathway.