Dr Paul Manuel
- Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Department of Surgical Sciences (Dunedin)
- BSc(Hons) (Manitoba) PGDipPH (Liverpool) MD (Manitoba) FRCSC (Canada)
- Co-ordinator - University of Otago fourth year medical students
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Canada (2009)
- Member of the Canadian Association of General Surgeons
- Member of the New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
- Member of the Rural Surgery Section – Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- <ul> <li>Rural general surgery</li> <li>Trauma, acute care and emergency general surgery</li> <li>Surgical endoscopy</li> </ul>
I am a Consultant General Surgeon with experience training and working across rural and urban centres throughout Canada and Aotearoa. I completed my medical school and general surgery training in my hometown through the University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, Canada). My interests in general surgery are: trauma, acute care and emergency general surgery; colorectal surgery; hernia surgery; surgical endoscopy; and, surgical critical care.
I am passionate about the practice of general surgery in rural centres as well as surgical education. I am honoured to have the opportunity to participate in the education of future physicians and surgeons and I look forward to meeting those students working on our general surgery teams at Southland Hospital.