The Division of Health Sciences has a range of specialist research equipment, facilities, and consulting expertise available on our campuses in Dunedin, Christchurch, and Wellington.
These research tools and the associated expertise are available to established and emerging researchers within the University of Otago. Many are also available to external researchers and commercial interests.
Services may be provided in a number of ways, such as:
- Initial advice and guidance
- Supervised access to equipment
- A collaborative research agreement
- A fee-for-service basis
Please discuss your needs directly with the providers listed below.
Research Infrastructure Centre
Our Research Infrastructure Centre offers specialist expertise, technology and facilities in protein research, genomics, imaging, and biomedical research.
We support optimum design and analysis of your research, and provide skill development opportunities.
Our academic leadership is of the highest calibre and we have extensively experienced and skilled staff.
Our services are available to researchers in institutions, industry, government and private companies.
- Biomechanics Laboratory
- Clinical Research Centre, Wellington
- The Nicholls Clinical Research Centre, Christchurch
Genomics and sequencing
- MARS Spectral Molecular Imaging, Christchurch
- MRI scanner, New Zealand Brain Research Institute, Christchurch
- Isotrace Research
- Mass spectrometry and related equipment, Mātai Hāora – Centre for Redox Biology and Medicine, Christchurch
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Biostatisticians, Dunedin, Christchurch, and Wellington
- Emtech (Electromechanical Technology Unit)
- PC3 Facility