Emtech is located in the basement of the Lindo Ferguson Building.
Our staff are administered by the Department of Physiology but operate a stand-alone full-cost-recovery budget, with contracts with the Department of Physiology.
We're your one-stop technical shop. Efficient, friendly service guaranteed!
We have the following skills and services on site:
- A fully-equipped high-precision workshop with experienced, highly-skilled, NZQA-qualified engineers
- Design, development, manufacture, repair, service, and support
- Complete project management from concept to completion, specialising in scientific projects for teaching and research
- Combining light engineering, machining, welding, CNC machining, and fabrication, with minor electrical work and CAD design support
- Electrical safety testing to AS/NZS standards by fully-qualified and registered engineers
- A comprehensive range of materials, including all types of steel, alloy, brass, plastics, etc
- Design, build, service, and repair scientific equipment and instruments for teaching and research, as well as electronic and audiovisual repairs
- Discounted products available to us through our suppliers network
A few examples of equipment we service:
- Ice machines
- Freeze driers
- Vacuum pumps
- Stirrer hotplates
- Water baths
- Anti-vibration tables (a speciality)
Estimates can be given on a ±20% basis.
For technical assistance with existing and future jobs contact: