Is this the right time for you to improve your lecturing, become an educational leader, and further your academic career?
If so, the Master of Higher Education (MHEd) is the next step for you.
With an MHEd you will
- Have a deeper and broader understanding of all aspects of teaching in Higher Education, including educational theory and practice, educational leadership and policy, assessment, evaluation, research, and educational technology
- Be more effective in teaching and leading education programmes
- Integrate theory and practice
- Understand research methods and data analysis through researching your interests
- Be empowered in your career
Other reasons you should study with us
- Applying is easy
- You will join a diverse international community at the University of Otago
- You will live and study in one of the most scenic countries in the world with lots of great social and recreational facilities close to campus
- You will be part of a vibrant department, one of the oldest in the world, recognized for teaching and research in Higher Education
- You will be taught by highly qualified academic staff who draw on decades of experiences in education, software, health and non-governmental organizations
- You will benefit from flexible and personalized mentorship
- You will have free access to a number of additional workshops on teaching and learning in Higher Education
- Above all, you will have fun and at the end come away with treasured memories!
View the guide to MHEd fees by individual paper - HEDU 501, HEDU 502, HEDU 503, HEDU 504, HEDU 590.
For more about what to expect as an MHEd student, download our course brochure: Study higher education at the University of Otago.
To read more about the papers required for study towards the MHEd, download our MHEd required papers guidesheet (PDF format, 282 KB).
For information on the programme structure and regulations, go the Master of Higher Education page on the University website.
For enrolment information, visit the University of Otago website.