The Division of Humanities contributes to performing arts in the community through its Performing Arts Fund.
Each year up to $20,000 is allocated in grants for performance projects (e.g. comedy, dance, theatre, film, music) that wouldn’t happen without this support.
Who is the Performing Arts Fund for?
- The fund is for students, staff and members of the University of Otago community.
- The purpose of the Performing Arts Fund is to provide funding, usually up to $1,500, to help performers or performance projects to present their project to the public.
- The funding is for performance projects (e.g. comedy, dance, theatre, film, music) that wouldn’t happen without this support.
- It is not intended to cover the full cost of performances.
Dates for funding rounds
Closing date for round one: 19 April 2023
What we look for in applications
Applications are considered on the basis of their contribution:
- to enhancing the reputation of the University, and
- to performing arts in the community.
The guidelines and application form
The Performing Arts Fund Guidelines and Application Form give more details on the fund and the application process.
Important information: The application form is an interactive PDF, which means that you will be able to type information directly into it and save it. Mac users, if you are having problems with updating the form in Adobe, please open, save and reopen the PDF in Preview.
Who to contact for help
Humanities Divisional Office
Tel +64 3 479 8671
Previous performance projects
For information about performance projects that have been assisted by the fund, visit:
View photo galleries: