Red X iconGreen tick iconYellow tick icon

If you need help with a work-related or personal matter, there are various support options available to you.

Issues with your employment should be raised with your Manager or Head of Department as soon as possible, so that they can try to resolve it with you.

Divisional HR Managers/HR Advisers

If for any reason you feel unable to raise a problem with your manager, you should approach another appropriate manager or Human Resources.

Your Divisional HR Manager (DHRM), Senior HR Adviser, or HR Adviser will be the first person to contact in HR. They provide support to specific client groups, and can assist you with any problem, or put you in touch with someone who can help.

Find contact details of your Divisional HR Manager/HR Adviser

Employee Assistance Programme

Staff are encouraged to make use of the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). The EAP is a free, confidential counselling service which is available to eligible staff. The counselling service can be used when personal problems may be disrupting your work and/or home life.

Find out more about the Employee Assistance Programme

Conflict Resolution and Mediation

The university mediator can help you with behavioural concerns relating to your work at Otago.

Find out more about mediation and conflict resolution

Support from your union or other representative

Support may also be available from your union or another representative:

Back to top