Last updated February, 2022
The University of Alberta is one of Canada's top teaching and research universities, with an international reputation for excellence across the humanities, sciences, creative arts, business, engineering and health sciences. The University has 18 faculties on five campuses, four in Edmonton and one in Camrose.
Edmonton is a vibrant urban centre in the heart of the wilderness, the largest northernmost metropolis, and the capital of Alberta, Canada. Experience what 18 hours of sunlight a day feels like in the summer, or how the first snowfall transforms the river valley in winter. No matter the season, Edmonton is made for exploring.
- Undergraduate/graduate exchange available.
- Suitable destination for Humanities and Sciences students, and Tourism majors (BCom).
- Academic Year: September to April (Fall Term: September - December; Winter Term: January - April).
- Minimum course load: three courses (9 credits) per term; maximum of five courses (15 credits) per term.
- Course level: Undergraduate: 100 - 199: Entry level undergraduate courses: assume no prior knowledge of subject. 100 = first year level; 200 - 399: Introductory undergraduate courses to a particular area of study. Also assume little or no prior knowledge of the subject 200 = second year level, 300 = third year, 400 + = postgrad; 400 - 499: Senior level undergraduate courses that assume the student has prior background in the area.
Masters: 500-699: Open only to students officially admitted to the Graduate Program - 500s generally indicate first year in Graduate Program.
- Most term/semester-long courses have a weight of 3 credits each. The 3 credits are equivalent to 3 hours of lecture per week for a 13 week period and thus equate to 39 total hours of lecture.
- The Augustana campus offers a small-city undergraduate experience, while students at every level pursue their studies in French at Campus Saint-Jean.
- The “Course Listings” includes all course descriptions and credit weight.
- The “Schedule of Classes” outlines in detail the term, time and date, and location that each course is offered.
- Accommodation is guaranteed to all exchange students who submit their applications by the deadline for a September start in either HUB International Residence or Lister Centre.
- Alberta virtual campus experience
- 200 + Programmes
- Course descriptions are available on Bear Tracks (sign in as a “guest”)
- Alberta course listings
- Accommodation at Alberta
- Cost of living
- Student life
- Disabilities Services
- Alberta visa information
- Student Visa and insurance information
- 2019 S2 BASc CHEM RELS JB
- 2019 S1 BCom MANT TOUR ERJ
- 2019 S1 BSc PSYC VT
- 2019 S1 BSc SPEX MART JS
- 2018 S1 BA PSYC AF
- 2018 S1 BA THEA MUSI RT
- 2017 S2 BPhEd PK
- 2017 S2 BA PSYC ENGL RM
- 2017 S2 BPhEd AM
- 2017 S2 BPhEd AC
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.