The application process
- You check your eligibility for the programme
- You apply to to take part in the Otago Global Student Exchange Programme
- You attend a 15-minute interview
- You are allocated a place at one of your preferred institutions
- You seek formal approval from appropriate department(s) and division(s)
- Application information specific to your host institution is sent to you
- You complete and return required documents to your Otago Exchange Adviser
- Your formal acceptance documents arrive and you apply for your student visa
- Your exchange semester starts
- The transcript from your host institution arrives and your Otago credits are processed
When to apply
|Otago’s semester||Apply by||Where to|
|S2 2020||31 March 2020 (2)||Institutions still open|
|S1 2021||1 JUNE 2020 (1) ||All partner institutions|
|S1 2021||30 September 2020 (2)||Institutions still open|
|S2 2021 ||31 August 2020 (1) ||All partner institutions|
|S2 2021||31 March 2021 (2)||Institutions still open|
(1) Applications are processed from the apply by date; you are then invited to attend an interview; you are asked to consider up to five choices of destination; placement is confirmed after all interviews have been held.
(2) Applications are processed daily; you are invited to attend an interview straight away; you may select only one destination that reads ‘Yes’ under ‘applications being accepted’ on the Otago Global Student Exchange List of Partner Institutions; applications are considered on a first in first served basis.
We encourage students to apply by the preferred date (1) where possible.
S1 2022 exchange to the University of British Columbia and the University of Toronto in Canada - Apply from 1 October 2020 to 1 February 2021. Places will be allocated on a first in/first served basis.
How to apply
- Log on to eVision
- Go to ‘Programme and Papers’
- ‘Apply for Global Exchange’ listing five exchange institutions in order of preference (you may make changes to this list at the time of your interview).
- If applying for a full academic year you will need to put in two applications.
- If applying for less than one semester exchange, select ‘short course’ under ‘period’.
- No additional document needed.
Before submitting your application
- Attend a Otago Global information session
- Plan to Go on Exchange
- Choose institutions from the list of approved partners for your Division (where applicable).
- Identify your destinations of choice in order of preference and be prepared to attend any of them.
- Ensure courses you need to take are offered in English (if applicable) and in the semester you will be on exchange.
Contact an Exchange Adviser if you have any questions.