Do you have questions or need advice?
International Student Advisers (ISA) are available on a confidential basis to assist international students with any issues or questions that may arise during their time at Otago such as:
- Cultural adjustment
- Family support
- General health and well-being
- Academic issues
- Flatting and accommodation
Where to find an international student adviser
- Drop in Monday – Friday: 11am – 3pm at the Central Hub AskOtago, or
- Book an appointment via careerhub.otago.ac.nz
For urgent matters, or if those times don’t suit, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellington- and Christchurch-based students
- Monday to Friday 2:00pm–4:00pm (booked phone call) - students based at our Wellington and Christchurch campuses can book a phone call via OtagoCareerHub
- In March and July an ISA visits the Wellington and Christchurch campuses. During these times, international students on those campuses will be emailed to book appointments.
If these times do not work for you please email us to request an alternative appointment time: email@example.com
Making a booking
To book an appointment log in to OtagoCareerHub using your University of Otago username and password and complete the following steps:
- Click 'Appointments' (found in the top banner between Jobs and Events)
- Scroll down and select the type of appointment as 'international student issue'
- On the calendar that appears select the date and time you would like, then click view appointment, followed by 'Book Appointment'
- Once you have booked an appointment you will be sent a confirmation email with the date, time and location of the appointment. A reminder email will also be sent to you the morning of the day before you appointment.
Students in Wellington and Christchurch can indicate a phone appointment when clicking to book an appointment, unless they are booking appointments for their campuses during March and July, as above.