Most of the buildings on the University of Otago's Dunedin campus are accessible to people who are unable to use stairs.The following lecture theatres and seminar rooms have fixed positions with writing tablets available for wheelchairs:
- Burns 1 Lecture Theatre (three positions available)
- Burns 2 Lecture Theatre (two positions available)
- Castle 1 Lecture Theatre (two positions available)
- University of Otago College of Education Auditorium
- University of Otago College of Education Tower Block Lecture Room G07
The Archway lecture theatres have a moveable table designed to be used with wheelchairs and most larger lecture theatres have extra space at the front. Contact the area lecture theatre technician prior to your lecture to confirm that space is available and if you need any help negotiating the room.
Please contact a Disabilities Student Advisor if you use a wheelchair or you are unable to climb stairs and let them know which papers you are taking before semester starts. This will ensure that all your lectures and tutorials are held in accessible rooms. They can also provide you with a map that shows the accessible entrances to lecture theatres and general amenities on the Dunedin campus.
Specialised technology is available for hearing-impaired students to use during lectures, such as:
- hearing loop assistive listening systems
- FrontRow ToGo portable sound fields.
Please contact Disability Information & Support to find out more about this.
For more information
Disability Information & Support provide many services that will assist you if you are studying with an impairment at the University of Otago. They can work with you and ITS Lecture Theatres to tailor learning support to your particular requirements.
Last updated: 22 Feburary 2019