An investigation of the knowledge and skills required to develop a career in the creative industries.
|Paper title||The Creative Industries|
|Subject||Performing Arts Studies|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,092.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,073.40|
- One 100-level DANC, MUSI, PERF or THEA paper and 36 further points
- PERF 305
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Teaching staff
Paper Co-ordinator: Associate Professor Hilary Halba
Please contact the School of Performing Arts office for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Have the ability to undertake research - to locate, retrieve, cite, evaluate and synthesise information pertaining to the creative industries
- Appraise different methods of promotion and dissemination of performance
- Demonstrate a mature understanding of global industry perspectives, support systems, and financial responsibilities within the context of a professional career in the creative industries
- Demonstrate an ability to express and explore ideas and to question received opinion
- Communicate and write clearly and precisely about aspects of the creative industries including writing grant applications