General principles of criminal liability. The law relating to indictable and other selected offences. Procedure on indictment and summary procedure (excluding evidence).
The study of Second-Year Law subjects provides the essential knowledge and skills basis for the rest of the law degree. The analytical, problem-solving and reading skills you acquired in LAWS 101 The Legal System will be further developed.
|Paper title||Criminal Law|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,699.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$8,031.00|
- LAWS 101
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- All course materials for this paper are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete LAWS 201 Criminal Law will gain knowledge of
- General principles of criminal liability