Analysis and assessment of the law relating to the use and protection of the natural environment.
This paper complements LAWS 415 Resource Management Law and covers topics including environmental governance, indigenous forests, commercial fisheries and fishing-related mortality, the conservation estate and Treaty of Waitangi settlements.
|Paper title||Environmental Law|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$672.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,118.80|
- 96 LAWS points
- Pre or Corequisite
- Any 200-level LAWS paper not already passed
- LAWS 540
- Limited to
- LLB, LLB(Hons)
- Not all optional papers will be available in any given year.
- More information link
- View more information on the Faculty of Law's website
- Teaching staff
- Associate Professor Nicola Wheen
- Course materials are provided by the Faculty.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Graduates practising in this area will have an in-depth knowledge of issues in environmental law.