Hocken hosted three events as part of the University-wide programme celebrating Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2019
- Te Hau Kāinga during World War Two: reaching out to whānau: Māori Research Talk
Professor Lachy Paterson and Associate Professor Angela Wanhalla shared their research on the Māori Home Front, 1939-1945
- He Rangahau, He Whakaaro, He Kōrero: 5-minute research talks by University of Otago Postgraduates from across the Divisions
The Postgraduate Research talks event was a collaboration with the Division of Sciences, co-hosted with the Division of Sciences Kaiārahi, Mariana Te Pou.
- BYOK Parakuihi (Bring Your Own Kai Parakuihi): a staff shared breakfast
University of Otago staff were invited to bring along a breakfast kai to share; we learnt a karakia kai and shared some Māori language resources.
Here are some photos of the week's events, all held in the Hocken Seminar Room. Ka nui te mihi to all presenters and participants!
|BYOK Parakuihi||Lachy and Angela presenting on Te Hau Kāinga|
|Full house for the Postgraduate talks||Lisa Van Halderen presenting||Jovan Mokaraka-Harris presenting|
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2018
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2017
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2016
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2015
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2014
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2013
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori 2012
- Back to Māori services
Kete koha for Postgraduate presenters with the IILF kohatu mauri