Are you an ambitious and proactive self-starter?
Studying Entrepreneurship at Otago will help you to direct your passion to tackle important challenges in business and beyond. It will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence you need to either strike out on your own or grow within an existing role.
Know how to identify, evaluate and exploit ideas and make a real difference in the world!
Career opportunities in entrepreneurship
Realise your ideas and create value by:
- founding your own startup
- working for a rapidly growing startup in Aotearoa New Zealand or overseas
- growing innovative iwi organisations
- providing creative solutions and services for emerging careers
- joining an innovation-focused team working in any sized organisation or any sector of the economy, including for-profit, non-profit and public sectors.
Enterprises that develop new products and services across every sector of the economy require people who have the skills to critically evaluate and communicate new principles and ideas.
Wherever “business as usual” is not producing good enough results, entrepreneurial thinking is needed and in hot demand.
Marcus Hoefliger, Master of Entrepreneurship
“The balance of technical know-how with soft-skills I gained has been extremely beneficial for my career, and for that of other people I know. My qualification has also given me credibility with potential partners, clients etc. I’ve had conversations with senior bank executives who have been very interested in the programme. They are always looking for graduates who can think ‘outside the box’.”