The Grand Rounds is a monthly lecture series presenting cutting edge health research by leaders in their fields
Formerly known as Medical Forum, these seminars are designed for health professionals, academic and clinical researchers, and students across the Division of Health Sciences.
The 2023 Grand Rounds will be held in the Dunedin Hospital Barnett lecture theatre every Tuesday at 1pm, from 28 March to 12 December 2023.
The Grand Rounds feature academic and clinical staff from Dunedin School of Medicine, and the Otago School of Medical Sciences as well as guests from related organisations such as the Southern District Health Board and WellSouth.
Changing allocated presentation date(s)
If a speaker wishes to change their allocated presentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 days prior to the scheduled presentation.
Funding for visiting lecturers
Funding for visiting speakers within New Zealand is available, by application, to support travel and accommodation. Please contact please contact email@example.com for further information.
Planning your presentation:
- The topic should be of general interest to most disciplines, as attendance is multi-disciplinary
- Presentations that are interactive, controversial, topical, and / or that provide updates on new research are well-received
- Presentations should be 20 minutes long, plus around 10 minutes for discussion
Speakers are asked to submit:
- Full name
- Title of presentation
- Short blurb (1-2 paragraphs about your topic)
On the day:
- The Dunedin School of Medicine's ICT Support Group staff will be on-hand to provide technical support
- Presenters should arrive at the lecture theatre by 12:45pm to ensure that all IT requirements are met.
The Jack Kilpatrick Memorial Prize is awarded to the medical registrar who gives the best Grand Rounds presentation of the year, as voted by attending consultants.
For consultants attending Grand Rounds via Zoom, please fill in the voting form below and when complete, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all enquiries, please contact email@example.com