Our researchers are involved with industry on a number of levels, including
- Individual research projects
- Technology spin-off to companies
- Collaborations with other researchers and companies
- Participation in industry networks
- Hosting research–industry events
Our expertise includes the areas of:
- Heating, drying, cooling and separation processes
- Optical technology for sensing devices with industrial, medical and food applications
- Measurement technology, electronics and algorithms
- Energy, efficiency and environment
For more information about working with our staff, please contact the University's Enterprise Office Advisor Dr Ruth Appleby
See the University's Expertise Database listing for Physics, or take a look at our department's list of Research Expertise by Research Field.
The Department is involved in Research–Industry events that take place throughout the year. These will be advertised here when they are taking place.