Evaluating the delivery of evidence-based physiotherapy practice in a changing healthcare environment.
Area of study
Physiotherapy service evaluation
- Professor Dave Baxter, Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research, School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago
- Associate Professor Lincoln Wood, Department of Management, University of Otago.
- Adviser: Janice Mueller, Waipiata Consulting.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education 2017, University of Otago.
- Postgraduate Certificate Higher Education 2015, University of Otago.
- Bsc (Hons) Physiotherapy 1997, Manchester University.
Hawkes Bay PNZ symposium August 31st 2019.
Physiotherapy New Zealand, Hawkes Bay Branch.
Why did you choose Otago Physio?
I was inspired to pursue my PhD after attending the Physiotherapy New Zealand conference held in Dunedin in 2018. As a member of staff of the school of Physiotherapy I have been encouraged to believe that distance is no barrier work or study. I can continue to live and work in Hawkes Bay while studying a topic of my choice. Otago university’s services and support for distance students are excellent. The quality of research supervision within the School of Physiotherapy is world class with the relationships to host projects crossing traditional boundaries.
Best things about study
Having an opportunity to utilise the resources of the University to answer pressing questions for Physiotherapy services in New Zealand, and building my understanding of research.