The Centre for Health, Activity, and Rehabilitation Research offers a number of research facilities that support and grown our areas of research strength. We also welcome any enquiries from external users about using any of our facilities.
- The Biomechanics laboratory provides a wide range of technology for the study of movement including force measurement, motion capture, and EMG recording equipment.
- The Mark Steptoe Muscle Performance laboratory utilises our Biodex isokinetic dynamometer and exercise equipment.
- The Balance lab incorporates the Equitest and Balance master equipment and is used both as a working clinic and for research.
Major equipment supporting these laboratories includes:
- Motion Analysis motion tracking system
- AMTI force plates
- Biodex isokinetic dynamometer
- Noroxan wireless data collection equipment (EMG, Goniometer, etc)
- Equitest balance assessment equipment
- Balance Master balance training equipment
For further enquiries about any of our laboratories contact Research Technician, Dr Allan Carman.
CHARR research support team are able to support the running of clinical trials. The team can provide administrative support for participant recruitment and retention, are able to support a number of data collection strategies, and can assist with dissemination of findings to participants and end-users.
For further enquiries contact, firstname.lastname@example.org