Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Network and database principles in the context of web applications. Client/server architectures, TCP/IP stack, information storage and retrieval, and security concepts. Client- and server-side programming, web frameworks.
|Paper title||Web, Databases, and Networks|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,110.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- (COMP 101 or BSNS 106) and (COMP 160 or COMP 162)
- COSC 212, COSC 244
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Commerce, Science
- Teaching staff
Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach, 7th edition, Kurose and Ross.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By completion of this paper students are expected to:
- Understand fundamental concepts relating to computer networking and databases
- Demonstrate the ability to design and develop database-driven web applications
- Develop an awareness of issues surrounding accessibility, security, privacy, and data protection in an online context