Red X iconGreen tick iconYellow tick icon

All health care records are stored on our patient management database (Medtech). This includes GP, nurse, mental health and wellbeing, and all health information sent to us from Hospitals and private specialists.

Only Student Health staff who are involved in providing your healthcare will have access to your health file.

University staff outside of Student Health do not have access to your information without your written signed consent.

Student Health will require you to complete an enrolment form to enable us to provide you with a full range of primary health care services and to obtain your consent to share your health information with external health care providers that are involved in your health care, e.g. Hospital specialists and Emergency Department.

Transferring your records to Student Health

Please note: we do not automatically obtain your Health Records from a previous provider.

Your Student Health doctor may ask you to complete a transfer of records form so we can obtain a full copy of your records from your previous health provider.

Transferring your records from Student Health

When you leave Student Health and sign up with a new GP they will request permission to get your records from us.

If you are returning to your previous GP please advise them that you have attended Student Health.

How to access a copy of your own health records

To obtain a copy of your own health records you will need to sign and complete the authority to release health records form, and provide a copy of a valid photo ID.

Authority to release health records form (PDF)

Please note this could take up to 10 working days.

You can deliver your completed access form and photo ID to Student Health reception, or send to:

Fax +64 3 479 8106

Back to top