Friday, 14 June 2019
Public health is a diverse and vital area focussed on the health of entire populations and population sub-groups. It looks at how can we prevent disease, prolong life and promote health among our people in Aotearoa New Zealand.
By studying public health at Otago you can follow your passion whether it be healthy environments, reducing inequalities, climate change, child obesity, population mental health and so much more.
Study Public Health in these locations
10 reasons to study Public Health at Otago
- Gain an internationally-recognised qualification from New Zealand's leading postgraduate university
- Build on an undergraduate degree or work experience in any discipline, not just public health.
- Study full-time or part-time; whatever suits. Papers are taught in half semester terms giving you flexibility to arrange study around other commitments.
- Choose your campus—Wellington, Christchurch, or Dunedin—where you will be provided with a supportive learning environment.
- A broad range of paper topics enable you to tailor your programme to reflect your interests.
- Step it up! Our qualification staircase gives the option to start with the Postgraduate Certificate in Public Health (PGCertPH), later adding papers to earn a diploma or master's qualification.
- Our qualifications provide personal and professional growth to increase your employment potential.
- Network with, and learn from, people with skills and knowledge in areas that can open up opportunities for you.
- Research-informed teaching from our lecturers represents a wide range of disciplines.
- Public health is exciting and challenging; dealing with complex impacts on population health.
Latest newsView more news
Tuesday, 11 June 2019
Friday, 7 June 2019
Wednesday, 22 May 2019