This page provides resources for departmental staff investigating possible academic misconduct under the Student Academic Misconduct Procedures.
- Academic Misconduct Process for Departments flowchart (including possible outcomes) (PDF format, 316KB)
- Preliminary Investigation - Alleged Academic Misconduct Initial Report form (Word format, 23KB)
- Full Level 1 Investigation Report form (Word format, 22KB)
- Template Level 1 communication to a student (for use in a full investigation) (Word format, 16KB)
Sources of advice
Student Administration oversees academic misconduct processes at the University, including maintaining a register of previous academic misconduct. Contact Student Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org; +64 3 479 8281) for information about any previous offending in relation to a particular student. Student Administration can also provide advice on the overall investigation process and precedent-based outcomes where misconduct has occurred.
The Associate Deans (Academic) in each Division have delegated responsibility for investigating Level Two and Level Three academic misconduct. The Associate Deans are available to offer advice on individual cases as required.
- Commerce, Dr Richard Greatbanks (email@example.com; +64 3 479 8658)
- Health Sciences, Associate Professor Pat Cragg (firstname.lastname@example.org; +64 3 479 7334)
- Humanities, Associate Professor Tim Cooper (email@example.com; +64 3 479 5760)
- Sciences, Associate Professor Janice Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org; +64 3 479 8353)
The Manager, Policy and Compliance, Academic Services (email@example.com; +64 3 479 8993) can provide advice on the Student Academic Misconduct Procedures and related policies.