Last updated May 2022
The University of Glasgow is the second oldest university in Scotland. The magnificent Main Building of the University, designed in the Gothic style by Sir George Gilbert Scott, is one of the city's best known landmarks. The University has been on the Gilmorehill site since 1871 when it moved from the city centre where it had been located since its foundation in 1451.
Glasgow is vibrant and friendly with abundant cultural and recreational facilities and offers a gateway to the Scottish Highlands. Within an hour's drive lie Loch Lomond and Rob Roy country; a little beyond lies some of the most beautiful and unspoiled countryside in Britain.
- Undergraduate level exchange only.
- Academic Year: September–June (Semester One: September–December; Semester Two: January–June)
- Minimum/maximum Course Load: 60 credits per semester.
- Classes will not be finalized until students arrive in Glasgow. Flexibility is important.
- Level 1 and 2 classes are lower level classes that require no/little previous experience. Level 3 and 4 classes are upper level classes. Often student must have a Major in the subject area to be admitted to level 3 and 4.
- Exams for students attending Glasgow from September to December only: if a course is a single semester course it is normally possible to arrange an assessment in December for visiting students. The only exceptions: students are not permitted to take level 3 and 4 Computing Science, Maths or Stats classes because there will be no alternative arrangements for visiting students. Ensure you select courses where you will be sitting an exam while on campus. Some courses in the September to December semester at Glasgow will have exams the following May.
- Courses available at Glasgow
- Glasgow course catalogue
- Accommodation at Glasgow
- Cost of living at Glasgow
- Academic year – dates
- International students at Glasgow
- Glasgow campus tours
- Disability Services at Glasgow
- Glasgow QS Global World Ranking
- Visas and Insurance information for students going on exchange
- 2023 S2 LLB BA COMM (PDF)
- 2023 S2 LLB BA PPE AJ (PDF)
- 2022 S2 LLB BA COMM SF
- 2019 S2 BA ENGL CLAS LDT
- 2019 S1 & S2 BA ARTV CB
- 2019 S2 BaSci ZOOL ANTH JDT
- 2019 S2 LLB BSci GENE LM
- 2019 S1 LLB BCom FINC IG
- 2019 S1 BSc PSYC LLB DR
- 2019 S1 BA POLS LLB JT
- 2019 S1 BA ANTH PCK
- 2018 S1 BSC GENE LLB ML
- 2018 S1 BA RELS HIST AH
- 2018 S1 LLB BSc GEOG AN
- 2018 S1 BSc ZOOL YW
- 2017 FY BAppSci DESI DCM
- 2017 S2 LLB BSc PSYC AB
- 2017 S1 LLB BSc MICR IN
- 2017 S1 LLB BA POLS MB
- 2017 S1 BA SOCI BCOM MART MANT TB
- 2017 S1 LLB BA HIST PW
For further information about Otago Global Student Exchange, please contact an Exchange Adviser.