|Closing date||1 November 2023 (for study in 2024)|
Please ensure you have completed the required ancestry verification process in eVision before applying. Instructions on how to request ancestry verification can be found here.
University of Otago Study Grants for Māori and Pacific Island Students are intended to encourage the progression of students of Māori or indigenous Pacific Island origin towards the completion of undergraduate study, and study at postgraduate level, at the University of Otago.
Applications are open to students of Māori or indigenous Pacific Island descent who:
- are New Zealand citizens or New Zealand Residence Class Visa Holders
- are currently enrolled as Māori or Pacific Island students at the University of Otago in a full-time course of study
- in the following year enrol in a full time course of study for one of the following:
- the final year of an undergraduate degree programme (including that of an Honours degree)
- the fourth or fifth year of the programme for any of the following degrees: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Dental Surgery and the third or fourth year of the programme for any of the following degrees: Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- the first year of a postgraduate degree or diploma (including the Diploma for Graduates with all papers at 400-level)
Download the Māori and Pacific Island Study Grants Application Form
Download the Māori and Pacific Island Study Grants Regulations