|Value||Up to NZ$15,000 for one year (not to be used for living expenses)|
|Closing date||28 February 2020 (no award will be made in 2019)|
Each year the Brenda Shore Award for Women provides an excellent funding opportunity for women who are studying at postgraduate level in the natural sciences.
Brenda Shore was an enthusiastic, enterprising person famous for her energy and passion. Over the course of 35 years Brenda became a prominent figure in the University of Otago Botany Department, both as a researcher and teacher, until her retirement in 1983. Leading by example Brenda Shore established this fund to help support women who have that same passion and energy for the natural sciences, particularly where their research relates to the Otago, Southland or Antarctic region.
Applicants must fulfil at least two of the following criteria:
- Be a University of Otago graduate
- Be a female graduate carrying out research related to Otago, Southland and Antarctic area
- Be a female graduate carrying out research for a postgraduate degree at the University of Otago
Preference is given to natural science graduates but other disciplines will be considered. Applicants must be studying towards either a masters or PhD qualfication.
All applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Those who are enrolled in part-time study may apply.
If applicants have previously won this award they will not be considered for funding.
- Download the Brenda Shore Award for Women application form (PDF format, 160KB)
- Download the Brenda Shore Award for Women regulations (PDF format, 133KB)