|Value: ||$2,000 per annum, for up to three years|
|Closing Date:||30 September|
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage a young woman who demonstrates an ambition to continue her study in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
The Zonta Club of Metropolitan Dunedin Inc. is awarding a postgraduate scholarship of $2,000 p.a (up to a maximum of three years), to be awarded to a female student who has completed a degree at the University of Otago or Otago Polytechnic and is wishing to undertake postgraduate study, or graduate study combined with a research project.
- Applicants must have completed a degree in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics at the University of Otago, and is planning to pursue a career in their chosen subject.
- Must be a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Residence Class Visa Holder.
- Must have an active commitment to volunteerism.
- Should have knowledge of the programmes of Zonta International.
- Should be an active supporter of advancing the status of women.
- The scholarship may be awarded for a maximum of three years, provided that the scholarship winner continues to be enrolled in their chosen study and can provide evidence of her academic success at the completion of each year’s study.
- The scholarship commences at the beginning of the academic year following application.
- The scholarship winner is required to provide evidence of enrolment and end of year results in their chosen course to the Zonta Club of Metropolitan Dunedin Inc. prior to the scholarship continuing.
- Completion of the oﬃcial application form (available for download below).
- Two references in support of your application, one of whom should be academic and the other from a voluntary or community organisation the applicant is involved with.
- Verification of study at the University of Otago (a print out of your academic record from eVision).
- All applications must be received by the Zonta Club of Metropolitan Dunedin Inc. on the prescribed application form by the closing date.
Completed applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 December.
Download a copy of the Regulations and Official Application Form (PDF)
The Zonta Club of Metropolitan Dunedin Inc, STEM Scholarship is a merit–based competitive scholarship. A panel appointed by the Club will consider all applications considering the eligibility criteria. The ﬁnal evaluation may include an interview and presentation to members of the Zonta Club of Metropolitan Dunedin Inc.
Please note this Scholarship is administered and awarded externally to the University of Otago.
If you have any questions in relation to this scholarship, please contact the Advocacy and United Nations Committee Chair via email@example.com.