Postgraduate papers Primary Health Care and Travel Medicine
Our postgraduate papers have scheduled 2-day Block Courses in addition to other evening and sometimes half day Zoom meetings which vary by paper. Full attendance at Block Courses is expected. Depending on the paper, Block Courses may be held face to face in Wellington or virtually via Zoom.
PHRC 702 Wilderness and Expedition Medicine is a little different, this paper has a 4-day residential held at Hillary Outdoors over Labour Weekend. Attendance at the residential for this paper is a course requirement.
If you require further information regarding Block Course dates or have other questions about Block Courses, please contact us.
For Primary Health Care papers:
For Travel Medicine papers:
For those wishing to stay close to the campus in Newtown:
For those wishing to stay in town:
- CQ Hotels Wellington - Located on Cuba Street, offering both three and four star accommodation options
- Copthorne Hotel Wellington - Located at Oriental Bay
- The easiest place to park is at the Wellington Hospital underground carpark. From there you can make your way through to the Wellington Medical School.
- Limited public Pparking is available off the Mein Street entrance to the Wellington Medical School. There is an reduced rate before 9:00am but please make sure to press the “Early Bird” button.
- There is limited free street parking around the University of Otago Wellington campus but make sure to read the signage carefully.