Monday 12 February 2024
Literature review and basic meta-analysis skills will be held in the computer lab at the University of Otago, Wellington and will cover the key steps around conducting a literature review and then a meta-analysis.
- Managing identified literature in EndNote
- Using the PRISMA Checklist (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses)
- Use of RevMan to prepare and conduct a meta-analysis
Style of teaching
Computer lab hands-on course combining theory, discussion and practical exercises.
Who should attend?
- Those wanting to perform literature reviews that feed into meta-analyses
- Those wanting to understand the basic components of performing a meta-analysis (whether or not they end up doing them)
Literature review: an introduction|
Searching for evidence
Appraising the quality of systematic reviews|
|3:30pm||RevMan – introduction and practical||Vanessa Jordan|
This course will be held in-person at the Wellington campus of University of Otago in Mein Street, Newtown (next to Wellington Regional Hospital). Specific directions to the course reception/room will be sent the week before the course start.
- Dr Vanessa Jordan (Cochrane Fellow, University of Auckland), possibly with some assistance from others for specific case studies
$375 early bird, $500 after Wednesday 20 December 2023.
A 50% discount is available to full-time students, those unwaged and University of Otago staff.
For more information please contact the course convenor
- Contact name
- Vanessa Jordan