Aeromedical risk management; medication in flying; otolaryngology; ophthalmology; neurology and neurosurgery; psychiatry; respiratory medicine and aviation; cardiology; general medical conditions and fitness to fly.
The PG Certificate in Civil Aviation Medicine is internationally recognised for Aviation Medical Examiners; the Master of Aviation Medicine is gold standard for doctors wanting to become fully engaged in aviation medicine.
|Paper title||Clinical Aviation Medicine|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,938.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- MAvMed, MHealSc, PGCertCAvMed, PGDipAvMed, PGDipHealSc
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, email@example.com.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
Course Director: David Fitzgerald
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Postgraduate Certificate in Civil Aviation Medicine (PGCertCivAvMed), Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Aviation Medicine (MHealSc(AvMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
This is a fully distance-taught paper and is taught in even years in the second semester.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules
- Medical certification and risk assessment
- Hazards of medication in flying
- Aviation otolaryngology
- Aviation ophthalmology
- Aviation neurology and neurosurgery
- Aviation psychiatry
- Respiratory medicine and aviation
- Aviation cardiology
- Miscellaneous topics