Conducting a review; modern epidemiologic concepts and methods; critical appraisal; epidemiological study design; descriptive epidemiology; sampling and measurement; epidemiological analysis; inferential statistics; regression analysis.
|Paper title||Occupational Medicine Epidemiology and Biostatistics|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,889.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,674.00|
- Limited to
- MOccMed, MAvMed, MHealSc (Endorsed)
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information link
- View more information on the University of Otago, Wellington website
- Teaching staff
Course co-ordinator: Dr Lou Gallagher
- Teaching Arrangements
This is a fully distance-taught paper and is taught each year in the first semester.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will develop skills in:
- The use of research techniques
- Critical appraisal
- Biostatistical analysis
- The use of statistical software