Demonstration of safe and efficient practice in the application of radiation therapy techniques. Communication, teamwork, self management, quality assurance, patient care, reflective practice.
|Paper title||Radiation Therapy Practice II|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (4 January 2021 - 25 June 2021) (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,209.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$21,553.50|
- Limited to
- Candidates require a clinical placement to have been arranged before enrolling in this paper.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Radiation Therapy's website
- Teaching staff
- Melissa Pitchford
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to do the following across three domains - CT/sim, planning and treatment
- Apply knowledge and demonstrate safe practice in the workplace
- Recognise patient needs and/or significant changes in patients' condition
- Demonstrate appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a healthcare team
- Demonstrate appropriate self-management techniques
- Demonstrate the ability to identify problems in the clinical setting
- Develop an increasing awareness of quality assurance
- Demonstrate reflective practice