Types of radiation, machine calibration, quality assurance systems, radiation detection and measurement, treatment and imaging technology, radioactive materials.
|Paper title||Radiation Technology II|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,172.51|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- RADT 127
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Radiation Therapy's website
- Teaching staff
Vosper, M., England, A., Major, V. (2020). Graham's Principles and Applications of Radiological Physics. (7th Edition). Elsevier
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to:
- Describe the processes of machine calibration and quality control.
- Describe radiation detection and measurement.
- Discuss quality assurance systems in radiation therapy.
- Discuss treatment and imaging technologies in radiation therapy.
- Discuss the use of radioactive materials in radiation therapy.