An investigation of theory, research and practice of inter-professional rehabilitation with children who have congenital or acquired health conditions in the context of family-centred practice.
This paper is intended for those working with or interested in supporting children and their families in their management of child-related health and disability issues. Core content includes the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (Child and Youth) (ICF-CY), family-centred practice, life-span trajectories of childhood disability, and models of service delivery. There will be an emphasis on interprofessionsal working and scope for student-led areas of enquiry within the paper. This paper is ideal for health professions, consumers, advocates, managers and policy makers from health, education or community settings.
|Paper title||Rehabilitation with Children|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021, expected to be offered in 2022 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,889.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,674.00|
- REHX 716
- Limited to
- MHealSc, PGCertRehab, PGDipHealSc, PGDipRehab
Suitable for people who hold a degree or diploma from a New Zealand university or are in an appropriate profession approved by the academic board.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, email@example.com.
- More information link
- View further information about Rehabilitation Studies
- Teaching staff
- Dr Fiona Graham
- Teaching Arrangements
Regular interaction with classmates and paper tutors via Zoom videoconferencing and the online learning platform, Moodle. Additional online events to support whakawhanaunatunga (establishing relationships), and skills development, within the broader Rehabilitation Teaching and Research Unit learning community.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- After successfully completing this paper you will have a better understanding of
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (Child and Youth) (ICF-CY)
- Family-centred practice
- Life-span trajectories of childhood disability
- Models of service delivery