An undergraduate Minor in Public Health is available to students enrolled in a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree at the University of Otago. This Minor accreditation requires the completion of five PUBH papers:
- PUBH 192 Foundations of Epidemiology* (HSFY)
- PUBH 202 Health Promotion*
- PUBH 203 Health Policy and Politics*
- PUBH 211 Epidemiology of Major Health Problems*
- PUBH 311 Research Methods for Public Health*
* Previously HEAL paper codes in Health Studies.
The Department of Preventive and Social Medicine contributes to the teaching of medical students during all six years of study (including PUBH 192 Foundations of Epidemiology during Health Sciences First Year).
- Dr Lianne Parkin MICN 201 and MICN 301 public health integrated course and evidence-based practice
- Dr Susan Jack and Faumuina Dr Faafetai Tai Sopoaga MICN 401 public health module
- Associate Professor David McBride MICN 501 public health whole class learning week
- Associate Professor John DockertyMICN 601 health care evaluation project