Aims and activities of Genetics Otago
With ongoing funding and support from the University of Otago, Genetics Otago aims to:
- Establish Genetics Otago as New Zealand's primary centre for advanced genetics research and teaching
- Increase the profile of genetics research across New Zealand
- Develop grass-roots community engagement
- Develop links with those involved in the area of genetic research in New Zealand
- Develop and promote linkages with external organisations, including those within the tertiary sector and governmental agencies
- Assist with the development of international linkages in relation to genetics research
- Identify and promote research funding opportunities for genetics research
- Constitute working parties to develop major new initiatives
Genetics Otago welcomes new members
As a member of Australasia's largest genetics community, you can stay up to date with what your peers are researching and creating, find collaborators, connect with other sectors, and engage the public about your important work.
Please visit our Genetics Otago Member Site if you are interested in joining Genetics Otago.