The Rehabilitation Teaching and Research Unit (RTRU) offers programmes at certificate, diploma, master's, and PhD level. Most of our teaching is by distance learning so we accept students from throughout New Zealand plus a small number from overseas.
To find out more about our programmes and papers click here
News update! REHB 713 Goal Setting and the Therapeutic Relationship is on offer in Semester One of 2017. REHB 713 can be taken as a stand-alone paper or as part of one of RTRU's Postgraduate qualifications in Rehabilitation. This paper is distance-taught, with one 2-day residential seminar on the 17th/18th March. For more information contact: email@example.com
10 reasons to study with the RTRU
- Students benefit from the support and knowledge of highly committed staff, interested in encouraging students to develop their careers
- Distance delivery makes it possible to study wherever you live
- The programme structure allows flexibility to build your academic success—and at a pace that suits you
- Staff at RTRU are active researchers, pushing the boundaries of rehabilitation practice and will challenge you to re-think your own ways of doing things
- We run a truly inter-professional programme with staff from multiple disciplines including medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and psychology
- Students with our qualifications are leaders in the New Zealand rehabilitation industry
- You may be eligible for significant funding assistance from Health Workforce New Zealand
- We offer a broad range of paper topics that cover nearly all major areas of rehabilitation practice
- As Otago students you are able to make use of the extensive facilities of the institution, which is New Zealand's oldest and most research-intensive University
- Qualification staircase—start with the Postgraduate Certificate and add papers to earn a diploma or master's
Buy the book!
RTRU staff have written a text-book on inter-professional rehabilitation, much of it based on course content. It is available to purchase here. You can also take it out on loan from the University library here. There is also an electronic version of the book. It is strongly recommended for all our students.
Watch the movie!
Interesting webpages for RTRU students
A comprehensive and practical user’s guide for all Masters and PhD students on 'getting your research published': http://informahealthcare.com/doi/pdf/10.1185/03007995.2010.499344