The Canterbury Medical Library is the key provider of library and information services for University of Otago, Christchurch and Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury.
Initially established as a subscription library by general practitioners in 1934, the library is now housed on the 6th floor of the University of Otago, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences building.
Hillmorton Hospital Library is owned and administered by Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury but forms part of the Canterbury Medical Library system.
Access to Canterbury Medical Library is only available to individuals who are currently registered as members of the library.
The branches of the Canterbury Medical Library operate during a range of hours which can vary during University holidays.
Contact details for various branches and staff
Full Membership of the Library is available to staff and students of the University of Otago, Christchurch and Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury.