Full Membership of the Library is available to staff and students of the University of Otago, Christchurch and Canterbury District Health Board. There are charges for some services. A schedule of charges is available from the Canterbury Medical Library Loans Desk.
Other individuals may apply for external membership of the library. Those applying for personal membership should be practising health professionals.
To Join the Library
Complete a registration form and hand this in to the Library Loans Desk. Members are required to show identification when joining the Library, and CDHB and University of Otago staff must have their membership forms authorised by their unit or service manager.
Full membership entitles users to
- access and use the collections of the main library
- use library facilities such as Photocopiers and databases
- borrow loan materials from the main collection
- access the advice and knowledge of specialist librarian staff
- access informal training in the use of the library catalogue and databases
The following services are available to full members and are charged separately.
- request of materials from branches and elsewhere in the system
- interloan of materials from other New Zealand libraries and overseas
- literature searches, contents pages, current awareness and research services