Design for a medical/bioengineering application resulting in a product, system, process or communication outcome. Emphasis on materials, technology, instrumentation and interface for unmet bioengineering needs.
For a more complete description of this paper please view the Centre for Bioengineering and Nanomedicine, Department of Oral- Rehabilitation, Faculty of Dentistry website
|Paper title||Bioengineering Design|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,655.16|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- DETE 402
- Design paper offerings are currently being reviewed.
- Teaching staff
- Course reader provided.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Critical thinking.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Understand the relevance design has in the fields of biomimetics, biomaterials and biological processes
- Apply problem solving, human-centred, strategic and sustainable design strategies to create a prototype product, system, process or communication in bioengineering
- Be aware of current ethical issues and thinking in bioengineering