Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An introduction to the practice of integrated digital marketing, including both digital marketing skills and business philosophy, and also a sociological view, including ethical considerations.
This paper is an introduction to integrated digital marketing. The emphasis is placed on digital marketing as a business philosophy, a sociological view of the practice of digital marketing from a consumer viewpoint, consideration of ethical issues, and practical skills and knowledge demanded by employers that will enable graduates to embark on a professional career in the field of marketing.
|Paper title||Integrated Digital Marketing|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$872.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,405.05|
- 54 200-level points
- Schedule C
- May not be credited together with MART330 passed in 2017, 2018 or 2019.
- Teaching staff
Internet Marketing Essentials, Jeff Larson and Stuart Draper. ISBN: 978-0-692-22688-9.
Available online only. You will receive access codes upon enrolment. You must purchase the textbook and associated software to complete the assessment for this paper. The cost is US$99.
- Course outline
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Critical thinking, Research, Information literacy, Cultural understanding, Communication, Scholarship.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this paper you should be able to:
- Describe the role of information and communication technology in modern business as it relates to marketing practice at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Plan and execute an online IMC (integrated marketing communications) campaign using Google AdWords, Google Analytics, HootSuite and MailChimp and be aware of the design principles for websites and other digital content.
- Use marketing analytics to guide marketing action at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Understand the social issues regarding digital marketing, in particular marketing ethics.