The physiology of the cardiovascular system and changes in cardiovascular function in abnormal physiological and pathological conditions.
This paper is part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Technology (PGDipMedTech) endorsed in Cardiology, which extends on from MTEC 701 and the Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Technology (PGDipMedTech) for those working in cardiology. It has a focus on cardiac arrhythmia, heart failure and ischemic heart disease and the key tools used in the diagnosis and management of these conditions.
|Paper title||Cardiovascular Science for Medical Technicians|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,801.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,869.50|
- MTEX 701 or MTEC 701
- MTEX 703
- Limited to
- For those who are currently working as a provisional cardiac physiologist.
- Hannah Douglass: email@example.com
- Teaching staff
- Convenor: Associate Professor Peter Larsen
Lecturers: Graham Orsbourn and Dr Angela Campbell
- Paper Structure
- The paper is divided into four main modules, and students will be assessed within
each module. The modules are:
- Cardiac arrhythmia
- Ischaemic heart disease
- Heart failure
- Teaching Arrangements
- There will be either two 3-day residential courses or one 4-day residential course at the Wellington campus. The residential courses are compulsory.
- There are no required textbooks for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper involves the understanding of the cardiovascular system and the changes in cardiovascular function that occur in abnormal physiological and pathological conditions.