Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An understanding of the principles underlying the measurement of cardiovascular function, the interpretation of cardiovascular data, and therapeutic use of advanced cardiology technology.
This paper is part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Technology (PGDipMedTech) endorsed in Cardiology, which extends on from MTEC 702 and the Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Technology (PGCertMedTech) for those working in cardiology. It has a focus on cardiac arrhythmia, heart failure and ischemic heart disease and the key tools used in the diagnosis and management of these conditions.
|Paper title||Cardiovascular Technology|
|Teaching period||Full Year (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,938.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- MTEC 702 or MTEX 702
- MTEX 704
- Limited to
- For those who are currently working as a provisional cardiac physiologist.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
There are four main modules, and students will have assessments within each module. The modules are:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Structural Heart Disease
- Heart failure
- Teaching Arrangements
- There will be either two 3-day residential courses or one 4-day residential course at the Wellington campus. The residential courses are compulsory.
- There is no required textbook for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Communication, Critical thinking,
Information literacy, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper involves the understanding of the principles underlying the measurement of cardiovascular function, the interpretation of cardiovascular data and therapeutic use of advanced cardiology technology.