Taha tinana is our physical wellbeing – encompassing how our body grows, feels, moves, and how we care for it
Nourishing and strengthening our physical wellbeing helps us cope with the ups and downs of life.
Feeling physically well helps us feel mentally well.
Key things that will enhance your taha tinana:
- Physical activity
- Healthy eating
- Good sleep hygiene
- Not smoking
- Limiting your alcohol consumption
To strengthen our taha tinana, we can consider making a commitment with our whānau, friends or hoamahi (colleagues) to pick one thing we could each do to improve our physical wellbeing.
You may want to consider committing to:
- Supporting one another to quit smoking
- Going for a walk together at lunchtime or before or after work
- Adding one fruit or vegetable to each meal
- Going to bed at the same time each night
Start small and encourage each other to keep working at it!