The University of Otago is committed to building and sustaining staff capability. Investment in staff is essential in order to “sustain Otago’s capability as a vital and collegial University” (University Strategic Document 2012).
Leaders have an important role in any organisation and the Women in Leadership at Otago Programme (WiLO) explores the qualities and skills associated with leadership and management. In order to do this the programme will focus on:
- The context for leadership at the University of Otago
- Developing leadership skills
- Planning your on-going professional development as a leader
The programme is offered to both academic and professional staff women from all Otago campuses.
Who is eligible for the programme?
To be eligible for this programme you should normally have a leadership role such as:
- Coordinating a team / service concerned with administration, teaching, research or innovation/enterprise
- Chairing committees at divisional or university level
- Overseeing significant duties in your department, such as director of postgraduate or research activities
Further criteria include:
- An interest in and/or demonstrated willingness to accept leadership or decision-making roles within the University
- A commitment to the full programme (see below)
- A willingness to engage with a variety of learning approaches and methods including group work, action learning and self-reflection
To be notified when applications open for the next WiLO programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org