Learning and Development offer a comprehensive range of training and development programmes and learning options. If a particular workshop would be useful for your whole team, please contact us as most workshops can be delivered as tailored sessions.
Rainbow Tick training
This self-paced, online module developed by Rainbow Tick provides an introduction to the importance of LGBTTQIA+ inclusion in the workplace and how you can contribute.
A number of our workshops are available via Zoom.
Along with our scheduled workshops, you can also access LinkedIn Learning for online training options.
As a staff member, you have free access to LinkedIn Learning. This is a site dedicated to online learning across many topics including technical skills, interpersonal skills, self-management and leading others. You can access individual videos, complete courses, and curated collections.
- Logging in
- Connecting accounts
- Connecting your LinkedIn profile (PDF)
- LinkedIn Learning drop-in sessions
GoSkills is free for all University of Otago staff and students, and covers a wide range of professional skills and computer applications.
- Access from any computer, tablet or mobile device with an Internet connection.
- Go to www.goskills.com/coupon and enter code OU2022. Then sign up or log in to your account.
- The email address for your account must end in otago.ac.nz
- Available until the end of 2022.
This eLearning is only accessible on a University of Otago campus.
Te reo and tikanga Māori
We run a programme of interactive workshops and information sessions. To keep up to date with our courses, you can subscribe to receive an updated calendar of events each month.
Subscribe to the calendar
Click a title to access further information and enrol.
As some of our courses are extremely popular we recommend that you enrol early.
If a course is full or there is no date, what are my options?
Contact us and have a chat.
If a course is full, a link will appear, which allows you to add your name to a waitlist. If enough people are on a waitlist, we will consider running another session.
For more information:
- Managing People
- Professional Skills
- Personal Skills
- Te Ao Māori
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- The University Community
- Policy and Processes
LinkedIn Learning collections
- Deliver Results
- Influence and Negotiation Skills
- Continuous Learning and my Career
- Customer Service
- Listening to Customers
- Writing Effective Emails
- Communication Basics
- Developing Your Emotional Intelligence
- Listening Skills
- Working Effectively in a Team
Additional online resources
- Video: Huddle Meetings and Boards (COO)
- Top tips for presenting
- Video: Ethical Behaviour Policy panel discussion
Creating a learning plan
We have put together a brief guide to help you get started on creating and prioritising your learning plan in the coming weeks.
- My learning plan (PDF)
Materials and resources
- Getting the most from learning opportunities
- Prioritizing learning opportunities
- Stop perfectionism from hurting productivity
- How being kind improves productivity
Resources when working remotely
- Making it work – further tips and resources for managers (PDF)
- Making it work – further tips and resources for remote working (PDF)
- Settling into remote working – taking stock for managers after Week 1 of Alert Level 4 (PDF)
- Settling into Alert Level 4 remote working – further tips and resources for managers (PDF)
- Settling in and taking stock during Alert Level 4 remote working (PDF)
- Ten Top Tips: Effective online meetings (PDF)
- Tips for managing teams remotely in the first few weeks during the Alert Level 4 lockdown (PDF)
- Ten Top Tips: Managing remote teams (PDF)
- Tips for working remotely in the first few weeks during the Alert Level 4 lockdown (PDF)
- Ten Top Tips: Working remotely (PDF)
If you haven’t found what you’re looking for, or have any other professional development ideas, we would be happy to hear your suggestions.