Improves leadership ability by reflexively applying contemporary theories of leadership that emphasise building sustained relationships based on internal values to effect change.
|Paper title||Leadership and Change|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$872.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,405.05|
- MANT 252 or 36 200-level points from Commerce Schedule C
- Schedule C
- May not be credited together with MANT361 passed in 2011 or 2012.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Dr Lynnaire Sheridan
- Paper Structure
The paper has three internal assessments for 60% of the final mark. The write-up of an interview with an outstanding leader and a popular science article about leadership comprise two of those assessments; the third assessment is a presentation. The final exam is worth 40% of the final mark.
- Teaching Arrangements
Participation during the lecture time slots is required. For just two separate weeks of class, the lecture time slot will be subdivided for students to present their leader interview and popular science article.
To be advised
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Ethics, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this paper, you should be (better) able to
- Identify leaders' strengths and weaknesses (including your own)
- Organise a group toward collective action
- Employ various leadership strategies appropriately as the situation warrants
- Align your leadership efforts with your ethical principles