You can gain the following qualifications in Chinese language and culture
- Diploma in Language (DipLang)
- Diploma in Global Cultures (DipGlobalC)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Major in Chinese
Check out the requirements (i.e., papers needed) for all the above qualifications (DipLang, DipGlobalC, and BA - both major and minor).
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA(Hons)). Requirements for Honours in Chinese: CHIN 441 Advanced Topics in Chinese, CHIN 451 Studies in Chinese, CHIN 452 Studies in Chinese 2, CHIN 490 Dissertation. More information on our Honours programme.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Arts Subjects (PGDipArts). Requirements are the same as those for Bachelor of Arts with Honours (BA(Hons)).
- Diploma for Graduates (DipGrad)
- Masters of Arts (MA)
- Coursework Masters of Arts (Coursework MA)
For more information on our MA and Doctoral programmes, visit our online Postgraduate Handbook.
*New Paper: CHIN250 Practical Chinese: Chinese/English Translation
ASIA 202 Global China
ASIA 201 Asian Popular Culture
CHIN 231 Intermediate Chinese 1
CHIN 232 Intermediate Chinese 2
CHIN 241 Contemporary Chinese Society
CHIN 242 Screening Chinese Cinemas (also offered as DL - distance learning paper)
CHIN 243 Reading Chinese Literature in the World
CHIN 244 Writing China: Texts, Ideas, and History
ASIA 302 Global China
CHIN 334 Advanced Chinese 1
CHIN 335 Advanced Chinese 2
CHIN 342 Screening Chinese Cinemas (also offered as DL - distance learning paper)
CHIN 343 Reading Chinese Literature in the World
CHIN 344 Writing China: Texts, Ideas, and History
ASIA 301 Topics in Asian Studies