A wide range of critical research work is constantly being undertaken by both students and Faculty. The geographic spread of this work extends way beyond Aotearoa New Zealand.
Examples of research projects include:
- Causes of war, political and other violence
- Critical cultural recovery for indigenous peoples
- Conflict analysis, including conflict resolution and conflict transformation
- Third party intervention, mediation, peacekeeping, and peacebuilding development
- Post-conflict state/institution building and reconciliation
- The theory and practice of non-violence religion and conflict
- The aesthetics of peace - how peace is understood in music, literature, film, theatre and the visual arts
- Peace, justice, community and wellbeing
- Peace through health
- Development and peacebuilding in South East Asia and East Asia and the South West Pacific
Te Ao o Rongomaraeroa | the National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies has strategic partnerships with a number of organisations including:
The Centre is an associate of the Pressenza International News Agency. Pressenza gives visibility to news, initiatives, proposals and scenarios related to Peace, Nonviolence, Disarmament, Human Rights and the fight against all forms of Discrimination.